At IBC AJA introduced Io XT, the company’s first Thunderbolt-enabled professional video I/O device. Unlike Thunderbolt I/O offerings from other companies which have only one Thunderbolt port, the Io XT has two Thunderbolt ports allowing you to daisy-chain additional Thunderbolt devices like hard drives or monitors. The Io XT has two 3G/HD/SD-SDI inputs and two outputs, plus HDMI 1.3 input and HDMI 1.4a output-including support for 3D. The Io XT supports single link 3G 4:4:4 and dual link 4:4:4 HD-SDI, with full bandwidth 4:4:4 RGB at 10-bits for 1080i, 1080p, 1080PsF and 720p formats. Io XT can even convert between 4:4:4 and 4:2:2 formats for single link HD-SDI monitoring and output. The Io XT also supports 10-bit hardware Up/Down/Cross conversion.
Io XT should be available later this year at an MSRP of $1495.
Continue Reading for a detailed feature list.
The AJA Io XT features:
- Two Thunderbolt ports, supports multiple Thunderbolt-enabled device “daisy-chaining”
- Two 3G/HD/SD-SDI inputs and outputs
- Single link SDI 4:2:2 support, single and dual-link SDI 4:4:4 support
- HDMI input and output (including support for 3D)
- Analog HD/SD component and composite output, 10-bit
- Video Up, Down, and Cross conversion (hardware-based, 10-bit)
- 8-channel embedded SDI audio I/O
- 8-channel balanced analog audio output (using an optional DB-25 type cable)
- Uncompressed I/O allows capture, monitoring and mastering to Apple ProRes, DVCProHD, CineForm, Avid DNxHD and more
- Front panel LED VU meters
- Headphone output w/level control
- Reference In/LTC In (selectable)
- LTC output
- 4-pin XLR Power (AC adapter included)
- AJA Control Room software
- AJA Technical Support and International Warranty included